Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Blues

The weather outside these days does not really make one want to leave the comfort of your home which can then lead to a lot of time looking around at your interior surroundings. Of course there are always items I would like to change, add or completely redo but there is that one important factor called money that reminds me to be happy with what I have! My bedroom is one area I really would love to redo, not that I don’t like the furniture but maybe a new color scheme or something to change it up, so I decided that since money is a little tight the best I could do was new bedding. Let me tell you just be making that change and some new lamps, I feel like I have an entire new room. I decided to do an all white look and it gives the room a crisp and clean feel that I love. The best part is I did not have to spend an arm and a leg on a complete renovation including furniture, paint, etc. I got my comforter and large pillow shams from Anthropologie which was a little pricey but not bad, then paired that with some lamps from the best place on earth Target and I have a entire new room! Last thing I need is a new bed skirt but I have not been able to commit to one yet, I have my eye on a couple though! So if you are feeling the winter blues as well, go out and buy something simple a new pair of towels or rug for the bathroom, maybe a colorful vase for your mantel, just something to give you that feel of change with our completely breaking the bank!

1 comment: